Researcher for Computational Microscopy and Cell Modeling
Title: Researcher for Computational Microscopy and Cell Modeling
Application Closed (Deadline: June 14th, 2023)
The AICell Lab (https://aicell.io) in the department of Applied Physics at KTH and Science for Life Laboratory is a new research group funded by the Data-driven Life Science Fellows program. The group, led by Wei Ouyang, focuses on building AI systems for data-driven cell and molecular biology. To expand the team, we are now opening a position for a highly motivated researcher.
The researcher will play a key role in our ongoing work on AI-powered computational microscopy and whole-cell modeling. This is a unique opportunity to contribute to cutting-edge research in the field of data-driven cell and molecular biology and be part of an enthusiastic and dynamic team.
The responsibilities are:
- Develop and apply AI and machine learning methods for computational microscopy and whole-cell modeling
- Conduct research to advance the understanding of cell and molecular biology using AI approaches
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of biologists, physicists, and AI researchers
- Publish research findings in high-quality academic journals
- Contribute to the supervision of undergraduate and graduate students
What we offer
A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future.
Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
Works in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
Collaboration opportunities with leading research institutions and universities in Europe and the US
Learning and thriving in a young and ambitious research group
A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree in a relevant field such as Physics, Computer Science, Bioinformatics, or Molecular Biology Extensive experience in artificial intelligence, machine learning, and computational biology Personal skills
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency. We are looking for someone who is reliable, collaborative, and communicative. You need to be able to work independently, actively contribute to problem solving, and to help move projects forward. It is commendable if you are well organized and thorough. As an employee at KTH, awareness of diversity and equal opportunity issues, with specific focus on gender equality, is required.
- Proven track record of high-quality research demonstrated by publications in top-tier journals
- Proficient in Python and other scientific programming languages
- Experience with deep learning frameworks (TensorFlow, PyTorch, Jax etc.)
- Familiarity with computational microscopy, bioimage analysis and whole-cell modeling techniques would be advantageous
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work in a fast-paced, interdisciplinary research environment
- Good command of written and spoken English, since this is used in the daily work
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Teaching ability.
- Experience of developing and leading activities and staff. Great emphasis will be placed on personal skills.
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH.se
Log into KTH’s recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the instructions in the ad.
The application must include:
CV including relevant professional experience, knowledge and representative publications. Please also provide your Github/Gitlab/Bitbucket etc. handle if possible.
Copy of diplomas and grades from your previous university studies. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents have not been issued in any of these languages.
Personal letter about your previous experience, personal competencies, career goals, why you want to conduct research, your interests and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals. Max two pages long.
Your complete application must be received by KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight
CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The employment is valid for a limited time according to the agreement - for up to 12 months, with access according to agreement. There may be possibilities to prolong employment.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.